
Last Wednesday I was feeling like I didn't have anything ready just in case the baby comes early- I've been waiting on getting Tim's workbench and tools out of the back room to switch it over to a nursery but decided I at least needed to get the crib set up in the corner (not that we'll be using it at first, it just seemed like after the child is born the last thing we'd have energy for is setting it up)- so I shifted things around and
steamvacc'ed the corner of the carpet, let it dry and got to work setting it up while waiting for Tim to get home from work. Took me a while to puzzle out which screws went where with what bolts,
butterflys, etc since it was used it didn't come with any instructions- but figure it all out I did and got it set up. Then when I put the sheets in, etc I had a moment of panic....I looked at that blank, clean sheet stretched so smoothly across the mattress and realized a little boy was going to be lying there in not very long at all and had a bit of ... not quite panic but some kind of overwhelmed emotion that resulted in teary eyes.

Then on Tuesday evening Tim and I moved his bench and tools out to the shed and I cleaned the rest of the carpet- let it dry overnight and yesterday I moved the dresser in (my mom asked how I did it without Tim and I assured her that once I took out the drawers the base just slid across the carpet).

Yes, safety nuts, I know you aren't supposed to have anything in the crib when the baby goes in...I am planning on taking everything out before he gets here but I wanted to display all the wonderful toys he has already received, but my baby doll (looking a little worse for wear) who is wearing my mom's baby booties from when she was born in 1947 and behind is her baby blanket.

We are aiming to raise an avid reader!

And for the very beginning...he will be in our room...
conveniently located on Tim's side of the bed so that he can get him out of the bassinet, hand him to me to feed and then take him back to change his diaper...of course, that is my plan, not sure what Tim is thinking will happen!
No comments:
Post a Comment