9.5 days left to go until the end of my due date...9.5cm to go until fully dilated (50% effaced and he is well engaged at -1).
I left a bit earlier today, didn't spill coffee in the car...did have to decide to risk running out of gas or taking a bit of time to fill up, decided the latter and convinced myself it wouldn't matter if I showed up late but would matter if I had high blood pressure so just enjoyed listening to the news as I drove to my appointment. Well worth it: 110/70.
Hadn't gained any weight- hallelujah! So still at 34lbs.
Heartrate in the 130s, fundus still at 38cm, urine clean.
Jill, the midwife, offered me the option of stripping my membranes (you should have seen Tim's face when I was describing this option!) and when I asked what the advantage of that would be she said that on average if you get your membranes stripped at this point you'd go into labor within 72hours.
I actually had to mull it over because, Sharon- Tim's mom, will be with us Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning flying through Atlanta on her way home to NC from the West Bank/Gaza region so if it took the full 72 hours that would be perfect timing...but if it caused me to go into labor tonight then she'd still be overseas and miss out. And I am not mentally prepared to have a baby tomorrow nor is my pre-baby list short enough yet.
My next appointment is Thursday and if he hasn't come by then I probably will take them up on the offer to strip the membranes as it would make it more likely for him to arrive before Sharon has to leave the country again on the 10th.
No comments:
Post a Comment