Monday, October 12, 2009

36 Week Appointment

Stats:
  • 170lbs (theirs), 163 (mine)...their's is high b/c it was late afternoon
  • 100/62
  • heartrate good
  • urine good
  • Strep B test NEGATIVE!!! Yay! No automatic IV!
Stephanie said that Friday I am full-term (37 weeks) and go ahead and try whatever I want to make the little guy come soon. But since Sharon (Tim's mom) is out of the country until the 30th we don't want him coming too early.
She also said that since we are trying to go natural I don't need to call them when I go into labor until the contractions are 2-3 minutes apart--as opposed to our birthing class advice of calling when contractions are 5 minutes apart.
One thing I forgot to mention from my appointment last week was being told that I will have to give birth on the bed...when I had my very first appointment with the midwife I specifically asked if there are any restrictions on what positions I gave give birth in and was told that the only one was squatting- so I was relieved to have so many options.
Then a couple of weeks ago I had a dream that I asked again at an appointment and was told that I would have to give birth on the bed laying on my back and I was so furious and frustrated and decided I would have to find another practice to attend my birth. Last week when I met with Jill she confirmed that I would indeed have to give birth on the bed! But in any position I would like except standing (who would want to stand on a bed to give birth?). So I am a bit disappointed that I can't have all options open to me, but I suppose I'll find a position on the bed that will still work best to get this little one out.
I got the on-call calendar for the month of October so I will know who will be at the hospital if he decides to come soon. And I am almost finished submitting my paperwork to work for my maternity leave.
I still need to finish packing our hospital bags...started on it last night; get down the bassinet from the attic; and install the carseat in the wagon...just in case!
The hardware for the shed doors came today so hopefully we will get the doors installed this week and then we can move out the tools and get started on the nursery!
Still need to blog about both baby showers...
Christi has begun the lending of baby stuff...this week was the breastpump & bottles and other nursing aids...and she is patiently waiting until I get the crib set up in the nursery to lend me baby clothes and many other things that I will most likely store in the crib until I sort the nursery out. A friend, Jill, is also waiting patiently to lend me her swing and bouncer type chair (she lives in a rather cozy duplex without much storage). So once the backroom is empty of the tools it will rather quickly refill with baby odds and ends.
The rocker is shipping this week too!

1 comment: