Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cutting down the Christmas tree (Nov. 29, 2012)

 One wonderful thing about having 4,500 Christmas trees in your backyard, is that it is so easy to go chop one down for your holiday celebrations!  After work one day we all bundled up and headed out the door.
 We have some brambles on the path so James opted to be carried over those.
 I think James was irritated by the camera flash in this one.

 We had scouted out the tree a few days before when family was over and picking out theirs.
 James is wearing a hat I made for Tim a couple of years back.  Tim is wearing one that I made to match the cardigan I made him two years ago.


 We didn't get a picture of the decorated tree this year, but I think an annual tree cutting picture trend has begun.  Ironically as I write this post (March 3rd 2013) the Christmas tree is still in the tree stand on our porch!  Some day we'll get it down and let it dry thoroughly before making it the centerpiece of a bonfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment