While attempting to fix the attic ladder we pulled in a ladder from outside- as I was folding it to put it away I noticed the molted skin of a cicada stuck to the ladder.
James tried to pull it off but when it didn't come off easily Tim stepped into help. James was very gentle (he had only seen one before and pulverized it to smithereens within seconds).
After a bit of just looking at it he tried to attach it to his pajama top the way it had been attached to the ladder.
It didn't stick too well (but notice that one leg did!).
We decided to put it outside before it became insect dust on the bedroom floor.
| On a side note, when I was little Texas had tons of these each year-I haven't seen near the same quantity here in Atlanta. But hopefully James will get to experience watching a cicada molt its skin- I remember seeing that as a child and being fascinated by the process. |
| I didn't remove the leg though, too cute to take it off. Tim said he found it later on the floor. |
|
|
This inspired me! When we walked out the front door last night there was one on the bricks, so I pulled it off and stuck it to Josephine's shirt. She was really tickled, and started strutting off saying "So PRETTY!" She clearly has zero ability to discern which accessories are pretty and which aren't... Also evident by her love of slap bracelets, beads, and plastic pink high heeled dress up shoes.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, it was a good laugh.