Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Basic play

 Since Tim and I share a car it is rare that I have one during the work week and with the weather in Atlanta a bit hot and humid in the summer James and I have often taken refuge in the air-conditioned house (or I should say I keep James with me as I don't think he cares at all if his hair is plastered to his head with sweat).  This means that we have to find ways to burn of his toddler's energy inside- which can be challenging.  One activity that we both have loved since he was tiny is to wrestle on the bed.  Whenever we need a smile, giggle or just a general pick-me-up we jump up on the bed and tickle and hide and wrestle.  For me this puts off making the bed as it doesn't stay made once James is up their moving pillows around to tunnel under and blankets to burrow in.  Even if he is in a grumpy mood this will cheer him up immediately.

 And since he grew tall enough to reach the door knobs his next favorite activity is playing peek-a-boo with our bathroom doors.  Which means I can lazily lay on the bed just resting while he does all the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment