Tuesday, July 19, 2011

First whole apple

I'm sure I waited a lot longer than most moms to give their child a whole apple but I was concerned that James would bite off more than he could chew and expire.
So when he started showing a preference for larger and larger pieces of food I figured it would almost be safer for him to take bites of his own doing than for me to put a huge cut-up piece in front of him and he try to shove the whole thing in.  Then he started not eating fruit I had cut up at all- see the 20 month update for details on that.
An old, somewhat dried up and mealy apple was the perfect choice- would basically dissolve in his mouth.
He loved it.
Exploring the idea.
Approved!
His efforts resulted in many funny faces and much amusement for me.

Unlike an adult who takes a bite and then a second bite next to the first, James would try a new spot each time.
This made the apple pretty slippery and he ended up putting it on the tray to gain more leverage.


He was pretty pleased with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment