Wednesday, March 24, 2010

4 months and 15 days- he did it!

James decided last week that standing up was his newest and greatest thing- so all week he was practicing standing on laps and jumping in the johnny-jump-up. In the above picture I am just steadying him so he doesn't topple over but he's doing all the work for staying upright.

Today he used those strengthened muscles to turn over for the first time from his back to his tummy!
The first time he did I missed it. I was busy eating breakfast and James was on the floor playing on his back. Then my mom who was next to me in the kitchen said "Look!" and was pointing at James now playing on his tummy. A little while later after I had put him back on his back when he was tired of being on his tummy- he did it again and this time I saw the whole process. He definitely doesn't have it down to the point of being able to do it at will, but he did keep trying over and over and was eventually successful.
He is getting so big!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment