Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Zoo

 After doing basically nothing "fun" all week with James and having two days of being stuck inside because of the rain James and I were thrilled to be invited by Christi and Elsa to go to the zoo Friday morning.  James was naming animals he would see at the zoo on the drive there "lion!  Ostrich!" and then something like "peenk mango" which I finally figured out that he was trying to say Pink Flamingo.
 After I looked at these pictures I realized why I haven't had to cut James' nails in weeks.  It used to be that I had to cut them every two weeks or risk being flayed by him.  But earlier this week I was trying to remember the last time I trimmed him and it had to be mid-January.  Since he is such an oral kid- STILL putting everything in his mouth and licking anything that comes within a half-inch of his tongue I guess it was inevitable that he would bite his nails.
 James anticipating the train ride.  Third winter for him, third owl sweater.  Every year I've thought- this one might last two winters!- but once again it doesn't look like this one will big enough next winter.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment