Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cooking with onions

James has started wanting to help me- with everything- from laundry, dishes, cooking, cutting up his food, pretty much anything I am doing (except emailing or using the computer for anything other than showing him YouTube videos of ocean creatures).
Last week James and I made chili.  So far his role has been to transfer piles of chopped veggies into the bowl.  We started with the red bell pepper and then moved onto the five cups of onions.  About half way through the onions I heard him sniffling and dripping beside me.
This picture doesn't do justice to what his face looked like when I turned to him- dripping with tears from his eyes, streaming nose and red blotchy spots all over.  But no matter how much I tried to explain to him that it was the onions causing him grief he didn't want to step away and not be able to help.
It is so much fun to cook with James!  It does increase the time it takes to actually get the job done- but so much more enjoyable in some ways.  Today we will make some oatmeal cookies which I know he will love both to make and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment