I finally decided that my blogging about James was way behind due to my desire to knit this past month. The cold weather just lured me onto the couch with a ball of yarn and pair of needles.
While I didn't get much blogging done I did make: a cowl scarf for my sister, Krista (Happy Birthday!), 4 hats, and continued working on Tim's cardigan, my cardigan, and started two new cardigans for myself.
Meanwhile James learned some new words: cheese (eez), butterfly (can't even type this phonetically- but you know it when you hear it), blueberry (bubu-ee), lion (eye-on), fish (ish!ish!ish! ALWAYS said with enthusiasm- more on this later as it deserves it's own post), moo (for cow), ooooo (for owl), bokbokbok (for chicken), deded (for daddy), mama (sometimes for me- but in general when he just wants something).
He also surprised me by knowing what all the animals were on his farm puzzle- when I asked him to point to the cow, chicken, duck, farmer, horse, sheep, pig he got them all right- the only one he wasn't sure about was the goat.
He "played" in the "snow" we had here a couple of weeks back. You'll notice in the video the snow was pretty much a sheet of ice by the time I got him out into it. He didn't seem to mind as he was thrilled just to be outside after being cooped up in the house while it was really cold.
Wearing his new (birthday) owl sweater- I also made him one last year in tan. This year's sweater has the buttons that were supposed to go on last year's but I never got around to it...I claim sleep deprivation the culprit!
I tried to capture the icicle hanging outside our back door- it was literally over 2 feet long.




No comments:
Post a Comment