Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Piano with Aunt Krista

My Nana played piano and organ for church and when we'd go visit her she made sure to introduce us to playing (I actually took lessons for 6 months when I was little before I got too frustrated trying to coordinate my left and right hands). Below is me (with Nana) and above is James (with his Aunt Krista) at what I think is about the same age. I now wish I had continued with those lessons because growing up my mom used to play the piano after she had put us in bed and I distinctly remember loving hearing the music as I lay in bed- mostly because I was glued to my mother's side and the music let me know she was just around the corner. Hopefully James will have a bit more desire to be on his own (as I also used to sneak out of bed and lay down in the hall just out of my mom's view, but where I could still see her), but I do wish I had some kind of music to make for him- I'm thinking of picking the flute back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment