Saturday, May 15, 2010

James' Bookcase- phase 1

A few weekends ago we headed north of Atlanta to PeachState Lumber to get some cypress for a bookcase that Tim has designed for James. Our little guy has so many books that a basket just doesn't cut it. When James starts really getting around on his own I'd like him to be able to go and grab favorite books himself rather than waiting on me. And since I have a difficult time getting to the books at the bottom of the basket I can only imagine that it will be impossible for James too. So Tim is putting together a bookcase that is low to ground that will house all the treasured works.
Today we cut everything roughly to size and even as I type this - while sitting in the shed/workshop since James is ACTUALLY taking a LONG nap - Tim is busy handplaning the first pieces.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment