I like to plan, write lists (thought once they are jotted down I don't necessarily do anything with them- it's just the act of composing them that I enjoy), daydream about possibilities and in general anticipate things.
So for this baby I've been planning and listing for quite a while off and on. Now that it is just around the bend I've been doing a bit more planning in earnest.
Officially I have about 5 and half weeks to go- so between now and my due date I have planned to pack my bag, Tim's bag and the babies bag; to cook some meals to freeze (there is a list of those floating around the house somewhere); put the nursery together; stock up on stuff that I think we'll run out of (like toilet paper, soap, dishwashing detergent, cereal, deodorant, etc) once the baby is born and we aren't getting out of the house; installing the car seat before our weekend cabin trip mid-October- just in case!; and, finally, taking the hospital tour so we know where to go and what to expect.
This last item has already fallen through...and was one of the more important priorities in my mind. I tried going online to register for the tour last night but couldn't find it in their offerings so I called this morning. Maria, who answered the helpline, was very friendly- took all my information and then said because of the CDC stance on pregnant women and the flu they have suspended tours of the Women's Pavilion ... uh... so that means I am going in blind? No, they are in the process of putting together a virtual tour on DVD and will be done with that soon and they'll mail me a copy. oh, okay.
So even though I think it would be helpful to know where to go once I am labor before I am in labor and that it would be helpful in trying to relax at home if I know what to expect once I get to the hospital (rather than wondering all the time I am at home what the labor room will be like) it looks like that will not be happening.
Maybe the DVD will be enough...I hope so!
Wow! Everyone really IS being serious about the flu. I guess that is good for you and your baby once you are there. And I'm sure Tim is happy too. :)
ReplyDeleteIf you want any company preparing a frozen meal, let me know- I need to do that too!
ReplyDeleteNot sure which weekend I'll be doing it, but I will definitely let you know! And if anyone else wants to join, perhaps we can join forces, ideas and ingredients to bang out quite a few dishes!
ReplyDelete