Well, while I was in North Carolina at the most fabulous baby shower thrown by my mom, sister Krista and Sharon (I'll post about it as soon as I get some more pictures)- Tim was home with Jarrett and Jarrett's brother, Stephen building the "shed".
Shed is not quite the right word for it as it is 10x12 with at least 7 feet walls (then of course the roof peaks) so it is quite spacious inside.
They got a ton done on it- but, of course, projects always take longer than anticipated- so we still need to get the siding and cedar shingles on, plus put on the trim around the windows and doors (and Tim needs to build the doors)...and finally paint it to match the house. We'll also do a bit of landscaping in front of it so that it looks like it's been there forever- rather than just plopped down recently.
The coolest part is that Tim completely designed it himself using Google Sketchup (an awesome free program from Google that I think is basically a CAD program). I can't wait for it to be finished for 2 reasons: first, then I can finally put together the nursery (including steam vacuuming the carpet with the steamvac I borrowed from my mom) and I've got a list of projects for Tim to build (including a changing table that will eventually convert into a desk). He's already made us a coat rack, two nightstands, framed a mirror...all from the back bedroom- so I can only imagine what he'll produce with a proper workshop!
No comments:
Post a Comment