Monday, February 25, 2013

Going home

We were discharged Tuesday morning and were eager to get home to our own bed and James.  I hadn't any grand plans for a going home outfit, just as I hadn't for James (I can't even remember what he wore, and I think I didn't even get a picture of the event).  And as Robert was much smaller than I was anticipating (he measured 97% at his 19 week ultrasound, so I was thinking he'd likely be bigger than James at birth, closer to 9lbs) I hadn't really brought small enough clothes to the hospital, he was swimming in the 3 months size that would have almost fit a 9lb plus baby.  Possibly if Robert had gone to his due date of the 25th (or even 2 days late as James had been) then he might have been the same size as James given the extra days to put on some fat.  As it was he is prefect just as he is and although his clothes were loose, they were warm and thats what counts.
On the way home we stopped to do a couple of errands- Lowe's to get some plywood, groceries and CVS for my pain meds.  He woke up half way through and I nursed him in the CVS parking lot.  So far he has been very easy, sleeping pretty well, nursing great and not much crying or fussing.




No comments:

Post a Comment