James has decided he LOVES broccoli. At Christmas dinner at Grandma's he was served two florets and I was astonished when he bit into one and loved it- and then proceeded to eat broccoli off of the rest of our plates. He has been eating a lot of veggies since solids were introduced at 5 months, but even to this day most of them have been in the form of jarred or pouch baby/toddler food. He's been getting some home-cooked veggies in sauces, casseroles and chicken and dumplings but I'd really not had any success in getting to eat veggies all by themselves (other than pickled beets which he also really enjoys).
He is very proud to be eating broccoli 'trees'. And I am wondering how many days I can serve steamed broccoli before he gets bored.
But in the meantime I am going to relish the memory of him requesting several seconds and thirds of broccoli at dinner last night.
He ended up eating an adult size portion!
No comments:
Post a Comment