Friday, December 2, 2011

It finally happened...

I've tried my best to prevent it by use of sleepsacks to restrict range of movement, but today James finally figured out how to climb out of his crib.
One minute he is in bed for naptime, the next minute I hear strange noises from his room and I walk to the door and hear the ominous noises of the door handle jiggling and his voice saying "knock, knock.....knock, knock....knock, knock".
Sigh.
I ended up rubbing his back and singing him to sleep.  
Not sure what our game plan will be now- we need to figure out how to keep him safe and falling from the top of the crib rail seems highly dangerous to me.  
I might just try (at least tonight) telling him that he is not allowed to get out of bed.   I'm guessing this has about a 5% chance of success.

1 comment: