Friday, December 2, 2011
Crib climbing update
This evening James got to stay up a bit late to make sure he was good and tired (and lacking extra climbing energy), he had a long shower opening magic beans, got extra songs and a long back rub (well, he says back rub please but really wants his tummy rubbed) while I sang even more songs to him (currently requested is more 'row, row, row...boat'). And when I said goodnight to him I said "James, it is time to go to sleep. So you need to stay in bed and close your eyes and go to sleep." To which he replied "No down, no open door, knock, knock" he was recounting what he had done earlier and was not supposed to do again. And thankfully it worked, he stayed in bed and was awake a while before going to sleep as normal. I had tried not to make a big deal out of climbing out of his crib earlier, thinking if I make a big fuss he'll know it is something worth his while to do- and of course I didn't want to make him feel like he had done something wrong as I'd never told him he wasn't allowed to climb out of his crib (why put the idea in his head!). So hopefully what he heard from me today is that when he is put to bed he is to stay in his bed- whether it is a crib or in a few days a toddler bed. I think either tomorrow or Sunday I'll be heading to pick one up. Tonight he had no sleep sack on as I thought that would only up the danger aspect should he try to climb out again. I am truly dreading having him in a toddler bed. Almost all of his toys are in his room as we don't have a play room, so he will have free reign in there unless we can figure out how to make it worth his while to stay in bed. Either that or all the toys will have to come out of there and perhaps go in the den. He was already starting to look so old to Tim and I and this latest development just confirms that. My baby is no longer a baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good job! I bet Tim is working like mad in the shop carving the toddler bed out of a single segment of tree.
ReplyDelete