Friday, June 24, 2011

No milk

 
Be patient with the video it is the last bit that is good.
When James first began really talking I was wondering when the constant "no, no, no!" would begin.  And for a while I thought that WAS happening as James would go around saying very cheerful "NOs".  It took me at least two weeks before I realized that is how he says milk.  I have no idea why his word is so far from the proper English pronunciation, but once I realized that he said both milk and no I began to hear slight nuances in the two.
Milk is pronounced like noe with a long "O" and the negative no is pronounced more like new or nue or noo.  
On our walk home from the park today I asked James if he'd want some milk when we got home and he said "NO!" (milk) and I told him "you know James, milk begins with an M, ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-milk!  Can you say it?"  And James replied "ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-NO!"
In the video, which I could have edited to be shorter as it is the last little bit that I finally got him to say both, James proves just what a wonderful little boy he is as he is so unused to telling me no that I have a hard time getting him to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment