After last night's failed attempt at feeding James due to my ignorance on how to prepare the food properly (though after the video stopped rolling I did water it down more after I mushed it through a fine mesh sieve and used my finger instead of the spoon while I held him in my arms and some did actually get consumed) I decided to make another go of it this morning. Again I used the sieve to give a fine consistency to the avocado then added way more breastmilk to make it an actual liquid- unlike last night when you could have held the bowl upside down and wouldn't have come out- this was like heavy cream consistency. I also moved him from the Bumbo- in which he has the tendency to lean forward- to the bouncy seat where at least gravity would help him get the food off the spoon. I think the main problem last night was the texture and not the flavor since he ate the tablespoon I gave him this morning with smiles.

No comments:
Post a Comment