Saturday, November 7, 2009

The delicate side of pregnancy- ssstrrrrrreeeeetchhhhh

Last night at exactly 10:16 pm I experienced one of the less than delicate, demure, ready-to-be talked about in public aspects of pregnancy---I went to the bathroom thinking I had just leaked a little in my undies and needed to relieve my bladder (which doesn't have to have much in it now for me to feel like I need to pee since I have a substantially sized little noggin on it) and when I peed the obligatory 2tsps...it felt...weird and there was an accompanying plop.
No, my water didn't break, but my entire mucus plug came out in one piece!
No noticeable change in contractions and I slept pretty well 11ish to 2ish, then to 6ish and then woke up for good around 8:30. I am totally going to play the pregnancy card today and take it easy...will still probably plant those 100 or so bulbs in the front yard, but it will probably be the world's slowest process.

Now, the second less than desirable side-effect of pregnancy that I noticed is that I am getting.....stretch marks! We don't have a full-length mirror in our house so I rarely see anything below my belly button (which is a plus as my butt and thighs have gotten bigger- I'm basically oblivious to the pandemonium of cellulite I am going to have to deal with later) but yesterday I stretched up onto my tiptoes and kind of lifted my belly to see the underside and noticed the very beginnings of a small patch of reddish marks---sigh.
My mom said she didn't have any until she went into labor with my older brother and then they just appeared like lightening bolts (and just as fast)...so I was kind of hoping they had just appeared and were a sign I'd be going into full-fledged labor. However, when I was talked to Tim about it later and showed him he said I'd had then for a while...double sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment