Monday, June 29, 2009

First gifts

Since this is sort of my online line baby book so I can remember things later on I thought I'd post some of the lovely gifts I've received on behalf of this baby.
Sue Johnson (Christi's mom) gave us our very first baby gift. At the time I couldn't imagine having a baby by Christmas that would fit this reindeer onesie, but I am slowly getting used to the idea.
From my sister, Krista, a cuddly bear for snuggling. The softest of all materials. I am sure it will be loved.
Christ and Jarrett went to Oregon earlier this year and brought back this great monkey for the baby. And then last Monday when we found out we are having a boy Christi got us our first boy outfit.
That same day I bought my first boy outfit- couldn't resist a little shopping celebration.
I also stopped that day by the local consignment store looking for some summer maternity options. Didn't find anything for myself, but did find these for $17. The outfit on the right has tiny fish on the pants and hat that I thought Tim would like.
At least two years ago when I was living in VA I went to my local Hancock's fabric store just around the corner and browsed through their flannel options, found some great ones and whipped up these blankets and burp cloths. I have some of the duplicates away, but saved a set for me for my someday baby.


1 comment:

  1. I believe what you say is very true ... and I know very well how she comes by those qualities. My Mom too is the best of all Moms!

    ReplyDelete