
You might not know this but I used to work in an lampshade factory during the summers in high school and college...sort of a strange job but I got some great lamps out of it and also MANY shades (which Tim has threatened to discard the next time we move because I haven't used too many of them and they just get shifted along with us, still neatly wrapped in their plastic). Two shades I specifically had made were for a someday nursery...the first is a small pale green toile print which will go great with our green nursery, and the second is made from some white eyelet fabric I bought.
I'll find them in the attic and post pictures at some point.
The only thing missing is the lamp base...and last week's beach mojitos (none enjoyed by me....sigh) provided the perfect bottle. I'll be making this cute, squat vessel into a great lamp that will go perfectly with is twin being currently used as a coin jar/door stop to keep the nursery door open.
No comments:
Post a Comment