Tim and I really enjoyed seeing the little tyke- moving, squirming, swallowing, sucking a thumb, and even a hiccup. Strange that it's so active yet I hardly feel a small percentage of the movement. I am told this is because the placenta is in the front so if the baby kicks there I would have a hard time feeling it from the inside, let alone Tim from the outside. In the above picture baby is sucking its thumb.


A tiny hand and fingers...


tiny foot and toes...
a tiny ____ proving it very much to be a boy.
The face...which I think is a bit scary looking but I am sure it will look much better when he comes out.
Which might happen a bit sooner than expected as he is measuring big for his age so if they were to calculate my due date based on how he looks now they say it would be Nov.1...however, since (as I've said before) I KNOW when I got pregnant- looks like he is already taking after Tim who was born at 9 and a half pounds. Currently the no yet named baby is about 15oz.
Currently the momma gained 7lbs since my last appointment nearly five weeks ago. HOWEVER, I definitely was weighed on the mean scale today b/c when I weighed myself this morning on my home scale I had only gained 3.5 lbs since the last visit. The midwife did admit that the practice has 4 scales and she has weighed herself on all of them and they vary from one another by about 3lbs.
I've gained 12lbs total so far and asked how that compares to the norm. The answer: some haven't gained anything by this point (how is that possible? If the baby already weighs almost a pound? Plus, uterus, placenta, amniotic fluid, blood, etc...) and some have gained 30lbs (much disapproving look by midwife), but the average is 10lbs. So I'm basically on track and I'll blame those 2 extra lbs on the great food I ate on vacation at the beach!
How exciting! The pictures turned out so cute. I think I had gained at least 12 by this time. Most of my weight was gained in the first trimester! 9 pounds by the first appointment. Thought of you this morning when I ate my crumpet! Can't wait to see you.
ReplyDeleteFinally a boy for Grandsir...We love you and are thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteAunt Merry, and all THE GIRLS.
Kate, that first picture is absolutely adorable! You can tell he is a cutie pie, already!
ReplyDeleteYay! I'm excited that you are having a boy.... And you should know that those same mean scales once said I gained 8 lbs in 2 weeks. Now I know to blame it on the scale!
ReplyDelete