Friday, November 19, 2010

More firsts

No pictures with this entry...sorry!
Over the past couple of days James has:
  • stacked two blocks (instead of knocking down stacks we made)
  • shared his food by feeding me his frozen blueberries- this happened last night.  He had been showing me his food for a while by holding it out in front of him but last night he aimed for my mouth and I let him pop a blueberry into my mouth and he was THRILLED.  Unfortunately he had also been eating salmon so the blueberry also had an odd fishy taste.
  • used our rolling stepstool as a walker and is scooting around the kitchen...this is quite comical to watch as it is designed in such a way that the wheel don't want to roll in a straight line so he often is making circles around the floor.  He had taken a few steps using the stepstool last week but while I was talking with my brother on skype last night while fixing James' dinner I heard a strange noise behind me and there was James walking from one side of the kitchen to the other (also the only time I saw him achieve a straight line).
  • he ate corn kernels for the first time last night and today I'll see if any of it actually was digested :)
  • he now using several signs: more (first he points at the desired food and then signs for more), light, ceiling fan, all done.  We are working on please, Momma, and Daddy
  • does a version of quack when looking at a duck

1 comment:

  1. I meant to tell you when you picked him up from my house the other day that he had stacked blocks! And very cool about the signs!

    ReplyDelete