
Today we went to the zoo with Alison, Jude, Christi and Elsa. It was HOT but James thoroughly enjoyed himself exploring his new skills. Last time we went to the zoo he basically just slept in his stroller. This time he got to use his new crawling skills to go through the tunnel at the Naked Mole Rat exhibit and we were lucky enough to have Christi capturing it on video (I didn't realize she was so quick to see the opportunity and that is why I look a bit surprised at the end since I didn't know it was being filmed). James also got to go on the kids train (held in my arms). It didn't seem to faze or interest him that we were on a train, but he did love leaning forward and gnawing on the back of the seat in front of us.

Lastly, James rode the panda bear on the carousel. At first he loved it smiling really big- and about half way though he decided he'd rather be in my arms (most likely due to the fact that his normal morning nap was skipped as we headed to the zoo when I would normally put him down so he only got a 15 minute snooze). At this point James is just as interested in the other people, plants, etc as he is in the actual animals. I, on the other hand, thought the new tiger exhibit was awesome.
Wow, you are quick! And how did I miss James crawling?!?! That was awesome!
ReplyDelete