This is James fully pleased with himself after he managed to somehow sit up on his own. We aren't sure how he did it as both Tim and I were occupied at the time.
And this is James with tears streaming from his eyes after falling backwards and smacking the back of his head on the table by the chair (just out of view on the picture at the top).I've checked on him several times this evening as he sleeps just to make sure he is still breathing- I remember my mom telling us when we were little that we shouldn't swim or go to sleep after smacking our heads. I hope I won't become an overly protective mom or too much of a worry-wort, but that was his first major head blow. I have to keep reminded myself that he will fall down, whack his head, and in general get hurt many times over his childhood and that most likely he will survive them all with just scars.
How being a mother can bring such pride and joy - my 'baby' sat up today on his own!- and how it can also bring such worry and concern.
Lord please grant me a calm heart as James grows up!
(and looking at the above pictures- I am realizing that I must be feeding him way to many sweet potatoes as his nose is definitely turning yellow!)
You're right, his nose is looking a little orangey! And good luck with the calm heart :)
ReplyDeleteOk, is it weird that i think the photo of him with tears is just as cute as the one of him grinning? I LOVE this kid!!!! And I'm so proud that he sat up on him own...his grin is delightful!
ReplyDelete