Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fun at the YMCA

Today James and I went to the YMCA to do the Mommy & Me fitness class. Going in I thought it might possibly be strenuous enough to make me break into a sweat, but most likely it'd be a walk in the park. Boy was I wrong.
Three things coincided to make it kick my butt- the instructor takes getting the moms in shape seriously (though she is very encouraging and upbeat), I am that out of shape and James is that heavy. One activity was doing lunges around the studio while holding the babies...I only made it half way around the room before I couldn't do anymore- not because it was hurting or burning but because my muscles just wouldn't push me back into a standing position.
Another activity was lying on your back with your knees bent to your chest and baby lying on your shins- James LOVED this- he was GIGGLING.
So even though I am going to be incredibly sore tomorrow- I will be going back since James loved it and I need it.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So he is officially giggling now?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me laugh with sympathy. Christian was a big baby too, and I took Christian to that class once and could hardly lift him over my head. I felt weak until I noticed how much bigger my baby was than everyone else's. Makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete