Wednesday, December 30, 2009

James Cordell, a.k.a....

Jimmybean
turkey burger
booger bean
butter bean
bunga bean
Jamesy
bud
buddy
boog

These are the nicknames or terms of endearment we have called James so far (or at least that I can remember at the moment)- Tim's most common is turkey burger, mine is booger bean- though both of us call him buddy quite a lot.
All James says to us thus far is "nein" (this is what he cries out when he's mad- it totally sounds like he is repeatedly and forcefully say "NO!" over and over in German), and his cooing consists of "gown" and variations thereof, plus varieties of "ahh", "oooh" and "goo".
He has started to smile AT us- not just when he's going to sleep or finishing nursing. He also is fascinated by our dark brown ceiling fans - and these get the most smiles. I am going to try to capture this on film and post it soon- it is incredibly cute. Tim is convinced he'll be a tech nerd because of his early love of machines- we'll see, I'm still hoping for a son who loves to knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment