If you've never used or heard of the Bella Band it is simply a band of stretchy material you wear over your normal pants once you can't button them anymore so that they don't fall down, or over your maternity pants that you don't quite fit into to keep them snug up against you.
Now other women I hear don't need this fabulous invention until close to 16 weeks when their growing mid-sections get a bit too thick with their 4inch plus baby. I, however, found an earlier use for my newly purchased black bella band.
I can now wear my too small pants! And pants that have been sitting around waiting for me to sew back on their missing buttons! Woohoo! My wardrobe just dramatically increased. So pants that fit in length, and thighs but didn't quite get around my middle I can now wear! Like my cute olive green pants (that I bought last year when Tim and I went to Montana and I visited the Patagonia outlet while Tim fished in the SNOW) can now be worn button undone. And my black pants that I bought back in Africa in 2000 and lost their button 4 months ago, are now currently and happily residing on my legs.
Once this baby does grow big enough that I really do need maternity clothes Christi just let me go thru her stash and it's pretty well filled out. I did order one more pair of shorts and a t-shirt, but I don't think I will need to get very much- especially if we have a warmer fall since Christi was pregnant during the hot summer so her clothes are geared towards that season.
You made me chuckle
ReplyDeleteSue (Elsa's Grandma)