Friday, February 27, 2009

Surprise, surprise...

For two people who don't even celebrate Valentine's Day, Tim and I sure had a whopper of one this year. Still no fancy dinner out, roses or chocolates (instead we made a delicious meal at home of chicago style deep dish pizza and salad) but we did have a little fun together which resulted in the below picture.I took a test on Tuesday, Feb. 24th, which was negative- and frankly, I was a mixture of both highly relieved and disappointed. Relieved because I'm not in as good of shape as I would like and this is a strange year with economics and jobs and we don't need this kind of stress added. Disappointed because maybe it meant that I couldn't ever have a baby and I've ALWAYS wanted to be a mom and actually experience pregnancy. So I went through a day of extreme moping and by the end told myself "don't be so dramatic! Just because it didn't happen this time does not mean it never will."
So this morning I took another test since I should have started today or tomorrow and was just trying to confirm Tuesday's results so I could stop hoping for a different outcome. The kind of tests I had on hand were the kind you dip into your urine- sort of unsavory to pee in a cup, but the upside is they are very sensitive to 20mg/hcg. I peed in the cup, dipped the test, set it on the sink. Finishing up on the loo I glance at the test and emit an "oh, my". Can that possibly be? Is that a line or are my eyes playing tricks on me...Yes, indeed, it is a line. OH, MY.
I get up and look at myself in the mirror and my eyes are as big as saucers- oh, my! (Seriously, I was in total shock and the only thing coming out my mouth were these totally inadequate oh, mys.)
Now I have to wait until Tim gets home from work to tell him and I'm sure he'll have more than just an oh, my response.
We celebrate our 7th anniversary this coming Monday, March 2nd- taking Monday off to enjoy the day together. And never would we have guessed that this new little tyke would be joining us for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment